Thursday, March 10, 2011

(3 weeks old)
(15 months old)

I feel as though 90% of the advice given to me as a mom doesn’t make sense until after the said event has already occurred. Like when people tell you to “just enjoy” the newborn phase, while you’re totally sleep deprived and wondering what in the world hit you. But I tried my best to enjoy it (and actually, I did truly enjoy it) and only once your baby stops making the most adorable pursed lips faces and little squeaky newborn sounds, then you realize..wow that really didn’t last very long. And wow, it was such a treasure, and such moments to be enjoyed.

And I never understood why people always said “you’re growing up too fast!” Because I love watching Layla grow up and become more of a communicator and expressive and display her personality. But then yesterday walking back home down the street with a screaming toddler who is just upset out of her mind that mommy won’t let her steal the ball from the store….well, that’s when I’m like, gee, I wish you couldn’t walk still or have opinions and that you would just sit in my sling and look adorable.

That being said, I choose to love this stage, despite (and perhaps because of its) own particular challenges (and joys) and “treasure up these things in my heart” because it really is a beautiful journey.


1 comment:

  1. I know I'm not usually much of a commenter, but I really love your blog, and this one struck me especially. I've been having a really hard time the last couple months watching some of "my" babies grow up, but I know it's good-- every moment is just so precious!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete