Monday, January 11, 2010

I think tonight I realized that I am, in fact, a mom. We had some friends over to meet their new adorable puppy. And in the course of the evening, the puppy thought the bright pink fuzzy things within jumping range were a toy. In the blink of an eye, he had ripped the sock off Layla's little foot, leaving her first startled, then screaming in shock and pain. Poor little one had a bad scratch and some blood, and the look on her face...oh I felt horrible. Still do. She screamed and screamed...so heart wrenching. I don't want anything bad to happen to her, and it is horrible to watch her be in pain.

Oh baby, I just want you to be happy, to know I love you. I want what's best for you. I love you. It pains me horribly to watch you be in pain, probably much more than it hurts you. And even once you've forgot, my heart still bleeds for you. I wish you could know, I wish I could somehow communicate to you how much I love you. How much I care. You cannot truly understand, but someday--someday, you will know. You are so precious to me. And I love you. Dearest, dearest Layla...you are my child.

1 comment:

  1. When our children are born our hearts leave our bodies and dwell in theirs! Thanks for sharing your Mommy AHA! moment. Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest :)

    ReplyDelete