Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Second Realization of Motherhood

You know you're a mom when another person throws up all over you, and your first thought is, "Is she okay?"

Poor baby...hasn't been feeling very good the past few days. Lots of coughing, today one episode culminated in emptying her stomach's contents all over me and the couch. Now I know how much her stomach can hold. And it's rather a lot.

Before I disgust everyone, I shall leave it at that. :-)
That being said, she has also been becoming quite the pro at smiling...she loves to smile. And talk! Lots of vowel sounds. She is a vocal little parrot. Most of her sounds I can make back right at her, but I can't do the clicky ones.
I'm trying to play lots of different music for her in the hopes that she will retain the ability to speak the languages she hears. What do you all think? Is this even reasonable? :-)

1 comment:

  1. Music can definitely enhance a baby's development. Musical diversity is good and will stimulate brain activity. Can't hurt, I say! :)

    ReplyDelete