Monday, July 12, 2010

Guess what?


When did "we have exciting news" become code for "we're pregnant"? That's what I want to know.

Not that I am negating the exciting-ness of new life and pregnancy. I am not at all intending to do so. But it gets a little old when you say "Guess what?" or "We have exciting news!" and people (random people) jump in "You're pregnant!" um, no. Actually, and thankfully. Not ready for another one just yet.

------
Part Two: Updates

Layla is now sleeping through the night! For the past four nights at least. I hate to make it official because that means she will probably wake up multiple times tonight just to prove me wrong.

Layla is also crawling (like real, official crawling) and pulling herself up (although only onto her knees, not feet) and eating real food (her favorites are banana and carrots) and otherwise being her simply delightful self.

She's quite the fun little person. Very determined. When she wants to do something or get something, she is not easily deterred. She doesn't cry or whine when thwarted--instead she reevaluates and figures out how to get it another way. Persistent.

I love this girl.

----
Part III: Plans

-Camping this weekend!
-Passport in the mail!
-International flight coming up in four months!!!!!! (that is our exciting news :-) guess where we're going?!)

1 comment:

  1. #1. Amen! Every message I leave that says, "Call me back! I have something exciting to tell you! I'm not pregnant, bye!" Like I would tell you I was pregnant in a message???
    #2. Congratulations! I can't wait to see more beautiful vids of her online! ;)

    ReplyDelete