Monday, June 7, 2010

Breastfeeding

We are back! Back from our trip away. It is wonderful to be home.

Today we started solids with Layla! I would like to commend myself for being the sole source of nourishment for another human being for over 15 months. Yay me! :-) Breastfeeding has definitely not always been easy or enjoyable, but I am full of deep joy that I was able to give my daughter this gift. And I'm not done with breastfeeding, but from here on out, other food will also be part of her diet.

All research shows the benefits of breastfeeding, and studies are now finding that it is best to wait until the baby is six months or older before introducing solids. This is the recommendation of the WHO as well, but some American doctors are a bit behind. At any rate, I am glad to have given this to Layla and yeah, that's all for now. :-)

1 comment:

  1. that is is so great christina! i hear way to many stories of people giving up... way to stick with it. your daughter is healthier for your sacrifice :)

    ReplyDelete