Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Development

Have I mentioned that Layla is crawling? Well, she is. Sort of.

She drags her lower body by her hands, and sometimes flails her legs about in an effort to hurl herself in a forward direction. Nonetheless she has become quite adept at traveling to and from power cords and flip flops--her favorite toys to chew on.

Her little (big) personality emerges more and more each day. She is a delightful, fiesty, loving, sassy, determined, adorable, sweet, beautiful, strong-willed, cuddly, smart, curious, alert, knowing, playful, giggly, talkative, hilarious little girl. She is so much fun, so much energy, so much a part of our lives.
The other day she choked on something--still not sure if it was the sand she swallowed at the beach, the leaf she chewed on in the yard, or something I didn't even see her get into her mouth. That was scary. I was glad I took an infant CPR class (although thankfully it didn't get to the point where she stopped breathing) so I knew what position to hold her in to help dislodge whatever it was that was making it hard for her to breathe. Scary.

Well she's up from her nap. Gotta go.

2 comments:

  1. She is so sweet and precious! I love all the silly pics of her and her wonderful hair! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I'm just finding your blog. How I've missed these type of thoughts from you! Mabel has choked on a few things (leaves, carrots, etc) and I think it might be the scariest thing up to this point for me in her life. I once heard that being a parent is to have your heart walk around on the outside of your body.

    ReplyDelete